Celebration Herbals Sage Leaf Tea
Description & Features
Sage is a perennial member of the mint family, native to the northern shores of the Mediterranean. Much more than a culinary delight, Sage was an active part of the medicine cabinet of the ancient Romans. Manuscripts of monks from the 10th and 11th centuries document
Sage as an honoured herb among apothecaries. In medieval Europe, Sage tea was a favourite hot beverage and was often added to ale.
Today, Sage is popular as an aromatic tea as well as a culinary herb.
Organic Sage Leaf (Salvia officinalis)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.